tryn to go turbo......

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 18:36:57 -0500

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 04:00:29PM -0500, andrew tambis wrote:

> i just got hold of a T28 from  a friend in japan, now i need to figure
> out what i have to get before i can install it  on my 94 se-r.

Hmm.

> tried talking to some guys by my area to see if they can help me out but
> wont give me the time of day, sayng "you have to find out your self".

Well, unless you've proven that you have put a bit of research into this
matter, you may not get much *more* of a response from here.  If I were
you, I'd read this forum at SR20DEForum.com before you start getting
visions of boost controllers dancing in your head:

  http://www.sr20deforum.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=12

I *especially* like these threads:

  http://www.sr20deforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19062
  http://www.sr20deforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18137

The easy, though not cheap, process would be to get these handfull of
things:

 - Exhaust manifold from a Pulsar/Sunny (N14?) GTi-R -- ~$250
 - Hot Shot SR20DET installation kit -- ~$1100
 - 300ZX TT (or larger) fuel pump -- $?
 - 370cc/m+ injectors, hopefully of the same type as stock. -- $? **
 - Larger MAF sensor, or even having yours machined larger. **
 - Adjustable fuel pressure regulator that goes at least to 4 bar. **
 - Jim Wolf ECU -- ~$600

 ** = Optional; JWT must program your ECU for these factors, whatever
you decide on.

This is *assuming* that your T28 has the standard Garrett-style flanges
(not Mitsubishi-style; you didn't say what it was from), *assuming* that
your car is in a good state of tune currently, and *assuming* that you
can handle a lot of downtime while these parts are being installed on
your car.  There is lots of help to be had from this mailing list, but
you have to prove that you know what you're after, and show reasonable
intent.:)

> any help will be appreicated.

I hope that this helps, at least a little bit. :)

--
-=|JP|=-               Cheap, Fast, Reliable; Pick any Two.

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |