NYC/NJ meet info

ianshannon97 ianshannon97@msn.com
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 18:15:22 -0500

For those not on the forum:

Jacob Riis Park in Rockaway Queens on July 27th @ 10:30am. This is about
2weeks away, so all who are plannin on attending should post their final roll
call here ASAP.

As I stated before, the parking lot is very BIG. If the expected 30 - 40+ cars
attend, there should/will more than enough space for us and the other park
visitors. There is however a fee for the main parking area which should comes
up to $3.25. This is an insured parking area so if anything happen to your car
when your not around, they got you covered.

I don't want to charge anyone for food because not everyone would want to eat.
The BBQing will be your own option if you wish to do so. So bring your own
meat or buddy up with someone who is BBQing. I am more than sure that people
who bring food will be sharing because we are not "mizers". Remember that the
grills @ the beach are first come first serve and that if you have a mini
grill it's best to bring it.

As far as the park is concerned, there are many things to do that you can
bring your whole family (if you would like to). The beach and board walk is
right there and there are also basketball courts, a golf course, a public
pool, softball, baseball, football, rugby, paddleball and handball ect. Great
scenic area with many places for photo.

And now for the cruise. I have been getting e-mails, PM's and IM's from guys
litterally begging for a cruise where all of the guys will roll down and have
some "fun." As we all know that the traffic in NYC is not really cruise
friendly until you get deeper into Queens or LI. I don't have any set
destination in mind for us to drive to and don't want us to just go there and
say "Now what do we do?" So as of now it will have to be spur of the moment
thing until someone suggests a place worth going.

Directions:
from Brooklyn and Queens:
>From the Belt Parkway: take Exit 11S (Flatbush Avenue SB - Rockaways) to the
Marine Park bridge. Be prepared to pay a $1.75 toll. Follow the sign that say
Jacob Riis Park.

>From Long Island:
Take the Southern State Parkway straight into the Belt Parkway West.
Or take the Northern State Parkway to the Cross Island Parkway south to the
Belt Parkway West.
Or take the L. I. E. to the Cross Island Parkway south to the Belt Parkway
West

>From NJ:
Take the Goethals bridge to the Staten Island Expressway Then to the Verazzano
Bridge, and take the Belt Parkway exit, and follow the directions above from
Brooklyn.
You can also take the Outerbridge Crossing (or Bayonne Bridge) and take the
440 to 278 East (Staten Island Expressway).

>From CT:
I-95 S or the Hutch S to I-678 S. Then on I-678S take exit 1W, which should
take you to the Belt Parkway West. Follow till you reach exit 11s all the way
to Riis Park.

For more specific directions check out www.mapblast.com or www.mapquest.com.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM or e-mail me.

91 NX2000 with work.
97 Maxima SE, smooth and powerful automatic
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/ianjiggyroom/IansNX2000page.html