John Frankenheimer

Ben Furth bfurth@swbell.net
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 22:24:41 -0500

I saw Grand Prix for the first time about three years ago on Speedvision.  I
almost skipped past it until I saw one of the film's races start.  I haven't
seen many of Frankenheimer's films, but Grand Prix is probably the best car
racing movie ever.  I have read that he was an avid car nut.  In fact,
here's a quote from MSNBC's coverage of his passing.

"Frankenheimer spoke fluent French, cooked French food and tooled around Los
Angeles in a Mercedes-Benz pumped up to 750 horsepower."

Pretty damn cool. . .  I can only hope that that could be me at 72.

Ben
92 SE-R <--new to me and stock, but it's begging to be more