NX wheel spacers

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 20:43:55 -0500

At 06:21 PM 7/7/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>When I bolted the SE-R rims onto the NX and tried to back the car forward or
>backward, the car made a grinding noise coming from the front. A friend who

Well, on the bright side, you have an NX with the much sought after "big
brakes"!!!  Yes the SE-R wheels are a 1/2" narrower and won't clear the
calipers. You can buy spacers;  I don't know a source right off but a local
wheel & performance shop where I used to live had them for just a few $$
each.  Mine were like 1/8" thick and gave enough clearance.  Might try
someplace like Nopi.  I've also helped install a big brake kit on an SE-R,
and your other options is to grind metal off the calipers, but I think
that's a poor route.

It also depends on how much meat is left on your brake pads.  With new
pads, the caliper will sit farther outward.  Something to keep in mind on
your next brake job.

  -Wayne Cox
     '92 SE-R  First in the Fourteens - now parts car?????
        '91 NX2k quick beater  '93NX2k  Lisa's