JDM Engine Knock

S Thepvongs gfoopsu@yahoo.com
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 18:57:52 -0500

First, I just wanted to thank the list for helping me
with various questions throughout the past year.
Despite what others have said recently, I have always
seemed to get near-instant and extremely helpful

Anyway, here's the issue.  There is a slight knock in
my 10:1 SR20, and the ECU (standard US program) is
giving a knock sensor code.  I managed to get to the
track this weekend (Capitol Raceway), and while
running 92 octane at 15 deg. timing w/ everything
stock, I ran a 16.51 1/4 mile (it was enough to take
out a Focus ZX3 and a 240SX w/ bald tires that night,
but pretty sad nonetheless).  Has anyone experienced
problems w/ detonation in the higher compression JDM
motors (using a standard ECU)?  Do I have to fork out
the cash for the JWT reprogram?

Son
'92 Classic