hose question

Aaron K ser@luminus.cx
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 16:16:12 -0500

So, this might be a stupid question, but its something I don't know. After
removing the oil collector in front of the engine, I'm looking for a
suitable hose to put in its place (I have a new heat shield for my header
that won't allow the oil collector to fit).

My question: would heater/coolant hose be fine? I was wondering about the
resistance to oil, and whether or not I need to find some hose that's rated
for oil/petroleum products. Does this really matter?

I found some multi-purpose hose at Napa that the guy said would be fine for
oil, and I was about to buy some until I saw that it was orange. Odd or not,
I don't feel like putting a big piece of really noticeable orange hose in my
engine bay. :)

Thanks!

Aaron