LOUD valvetrain on first run after DET swap

Steve juketech@swbell.net
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 13:13:04 -0500

I would think that the lifters just needed to pump up from sitting and
draining out all the oil. I have had this happen on a 83 Turbo 280ZX. It was
the only year that a Z car with a L series motor  had HVL's..

Steve
91 SE-R
94 SE-R
91 G20...

Ben Davis typed:

Started the car up this morning and it's fine now. It clattered like startup
clatter for 1-2 seconds and then went away completely and now it sounds
 perfect. Guess the HVLAs needed to heat up and then cool down again once to
fix themselves?

Ben Davis
1st DET swap under his belt- unfortunately not on my car :(