autox performance

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 10:38:53 -0500

At 10:04 AM 7/6/2002 -0500, Mike Jez wrote:
>I was quicker in my Maxima over the M5 by over 10
>seconds by just looking at their times compared to mine,

Aww c'mon Mike,  if you autox much at all you know it's the driver, not the
car.  Pat yourself on the back if you're that good (apparently so, that's
cool!) but don't bash the cars.  If you were 10 seconds quicker than the M
& its driver, "U" could probably jump in it and better his time by 12.

I was at a local event last week with a bunch of nearly novice drivers
entered, and some guy in a POS early 80s Ford Escort in Stock Class with
apparently blown struts was outrunning Vettes, BMWs and an S2000 by 4 to 6
seconds!  (35 seconds vs. 38 to 44.) Same thing.

   -WC