Starters

Josh Foster jfoster@hoelscherengr.com
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 13:33:24 -0500

I need some info. on starters please.  This is kind of a 2 part question.
The starter just died on my 92 SE-R, so I searched the archives and found
the part number for the brush assembly for the Hitachi unit.  If the starter
totally stops, is it typically the brushes or the solenoid that goes?  If I
replace the solenoid and brushes, what is the life-span of the starter then?
Any ideas?

I read that the Mitsu. starter from a NX will fit a 200SX, and I thought I
saw a post, some time ago, stating the 200SX starter will fit a Classic, but
I couldn't figure out how to search the newer archives.  Is it true the
200SX starter will fit the Classic? My thinking is to buy a 200SX starter
b/c it will more than likely be cheaper.

Thanks,

Josh