need tips on slicks

Brandon Fujishige serturbo@hotmail.com
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 21:02:38 -0500

sean mcmahon wrote:
>Hey guys I just got slicks for my 97 se-r.

Great.  They should drastically reduce your 60 foot times (as long as they
are sized right.

>I was wondering if anyone could throw out a few experienced tips on >what
>im in for or what I need to worry about.

As a general rule, slicks are usually easier on the tranny because you
shouldn't get wheel hop.  The launch on slicks are pretty smooth compared to
street tires.  They are, however, hard on the clutch.  I would make sure
your clutch is up to the task.

>I know I need at least a 7" rim for them, and I need tubes.  They are
>micky thompson slicks that a mustang friend cant use anymore.

It would be nice to know the size.  I don't think a mustang would use 22"
slicks.  I'm guessing they are 26" or 28".  These would be wayyyyyy toooooo
big for your car.  It probably wouldn't fit, but if you got them to fit, it
would totally screw up your gearing.

>My car is for the most part stock.  I have a ghetto chop box intake >and
>advanced timming, thats all for power.  I have front and rear >stb's rear
>sway and front control arm brace.

22" slicks would be perfect.  I think 20" slicks would be too small.

Bran
98 SE-R F-Max stage I