Clutch Installation and Adjustment

Steve Baune sbaune@attbi.com
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 18:15:21 -0500

> >pedal doesn't start to engage until its about 1 1/2 inch off the floor,
> >then doesn't come back up.

> The 'doesn't come back up' part doesn't sound good.

> Normally the spring pressure of the clutch pressure plate causes the lever
> to return.

> Is the lever rod lubed?  With moly grease?

The rod was lubed, I think the problem was the release lever not getting
welded in the correct position. This caused me to run out of adjustment on
the clutch cable. I re-drilled the black mounting braket that the cable is
attached to, this allowed me to adjust the clutch. It now is engaging about
1/2 way down and is working correctly.

Thanks,
Steve Baune
'96 200SX SE-R