Blown head gasket question

Wayne Cox wmc20@dnaco.net
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 22:05:04 -0500

At 08:32 PM 7/1/2002 -0500, The Roffinator wrote:
>I think if I had to replace a head gasket I'd pull the engine.  I think it
>would ultimately be easier than doing it in the car.

Yup!  Been There, Done That.  If you pay a mechanic to do it, it's up to
him to figure out the best way (you should pay the same regardless.)  But
on my high port ('92) it was such a bitch, I think I would have been
time-ahead to have dropped the engine.  Did you catch the posts suggesting
it might be cheaper to throw in a cheap import engine?!?!?

  -Wayne Cox
     '92 SE-R  First in the Fourteens - now parts car?????
        '91 NX2k quick beater  '93NX2k  Lisa's