Blown head gasket question

Mike Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 07:12:33 -0500

We inject dye into the coolant and then use a special light that reflects
the coolant in the oil when U drain it. I think the best way about doing
this is good ole cylinder leak down test. With this test U can hear and see
on the gauge if there is a leak somewhere- valve train, rings, blown head
gasket. U will notice bubbles in the radiator neck when doing this test. How
do U know its not a leaking radiator ? U said there is no noticable leaks
anywhere but are U sure ? I would inspect the coolant pipe on the back of
the motor also - while the system is pressurized- as those like to leak on
KA24s over time- since its just rubber on one part of the tube. Could also
be a bad coolant temp sensor, do your fans kick on ?
Mike Jez