SNAFU

Ben Furth bfurth@swbell.net
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 23:31:50 -0500

Man, I am running into the exact same problem right now.  I just got my 92
Classic on Saturday and brought it back to Dallas from St Louis.  I went to
get the car smogged, and it failed.  I had figured on passing as the car
only has 66k miles, no mods, and it seems to run great.  Anyways, because I
failed only NOX, I figured I'd try to clean the EGR system tonight, and
retard the timing tommorrow.  I worked at cleaning the EGR and BPT tube, but
I couldn't get any exhaust to come from the BPT tube.  Can you remove the
whole BPT tube from the exhaust manifold to the EGRC BPT?  If that's not too
terribly difficult I may try that.  I also may just replace the valves and
gaskets entirely if they're not too expensive.  I really just want to pass
emissions and move on with getting to know my new toy.

Ben
92 SE-R