clutch cable

nittany@charm.net nittany@charm.net
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 12:22:35 -0500

My wife's car has the same problem.  She has a 1998 200SX SE-R with 86K miles.
The clutch cable snapped about 2 and a half years ago.  From what I remember,
it did this same grating sound.  Now it is doing it gain.  My plan is to check
it out tonight and see if I can see if it is rubbing. From what I have
experienced, it feels like it is all in the cable and not in the clutch.

Keep me up to date on what you find out. I will do the same.

By the way, it occurs at a point when I depress the pedal that is different
than the catch point of the clutch.

Dave

Original Message:

From: Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:18:18 -0500
To: ga-sr20de@yahoogroups.com, se-r@lists.deskmedia.com
Subject: clutch cable

I'll preface this by saying my internet access is limited on this
computer...so no search...

Last night my clutch cable(?) started squeaking, or making a noise when I
depress the pedal. Almost like its rubbing on something and makes a slight
grating sound close to the floor, enough so that I can feel it with my foot.

Does the cable need lubrication or is it possible my clutch is going? Car
has 119,000 miles and AFAIK everything is still original.
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Brian M. Cembor
'92 SE-R