UR Pulley's on newer SR engines.

Christian Beaudry christian.beaudry@TetraTec.qc.ca
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:04:35 -0500

Andreas Miko wrote this on sr20deforum.com :
"For all you SR20DE 2000-01, SR16VE and SR20VE owners, do not, I repeat, do
not put any type of aftermarket pullies on your crank. These motors have a 4
counter weight crank shaft that is prone to vibrations in the higher RPMs.
If you put a aftermarket pully that does not have a dampener in it like the
UR pullies you will have premature bearing wear in your motors and also you
can have problems with your clutch bolts or flywheel bolts coming loose. Be
my guest and fuck up your motors. "

Now I trust what he says, but Id like clarification.

Did nissan all of a suden decide to use different pulley's ?
Are the SR20's no longer internaly balanced ?
Or am I completly missing the point here... ?

Chris