Tranny Upgrade Survey

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:01:51 -0500

Erik Halvorson <hammer_down@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Anyway, I would be more apt to spend the $ on my enduro kart and racing
>that than on my daily driver SE-R.  $3500 could buy me a whole season of
>racing on the BIG tracks and include a trip to either Searspoint or Road
>America to race there.

Or, you could spend that on a IT car with log book and pretty much race ready
(but not likely a race winner).  Sell your enduro kart and add that to the
$3,500 and you could probably buy a *very* competitive ITS 240Z.

>Ooooooh, can you picture yourself at 120mph flat on your back-side in an
>enduro kart?

Oh man, I'd rathter not.  Us sprint kart drivers used to think you enduro
drivers were only *slightly* less crazy than the dirt kart drivers. :-)

Hehe.  Nah, seriously, karts are a real rush and will teach folks a great deal
about racing and you can do so on a budget
BTW, I'll get you that list of karting stuff I still have.  I finally
eradicated my trailer of wasp nests, so hopefully this weekend I'll get
everything out and cleaned up and hopefully get photos of everything.

George Roffe