Tranny Upgrade Survey

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 00:14:53 -0500

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 08:44:05PM -0500, Maurice Hilarius wrote:

> 1) first gear is WAYYYY to low. Most of us with a Spec V just launch in
> 2nd, unless we are starting on a steep hill or something. 1st redlines at
> 35kmh ( that's about 22mph for the USA crowd)

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I will point out that your first gear,
final drive, and rolling diameter are all nearly identical to mine, and
we B15/SE folk seem to get along okay.  Don't forget that most of the
other people reading this list have 700-1100 more RPM than me and 1600
more than your Spec-V.  It could certainly stand to be taller, though,
especially for the turbo folk (whom are the ones most likely to buy
this upgrade anyway).

> 2) 5th is very hard to shift into under throttle. One has to lay off

I cannot comment on this.  Too bad the days of rod-actuated shifters
seem to be over, eh?

--
-=|JP|=-               Cheap, Fast, Reliable; Pick any Two.

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |