OBDII Emissions Test-Texas

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 16:38:04 -0500

David M. Hoffman wrote:

>In Texas, there is a different procedure for OBDII and non-OBDII cars.
>I believe that the '95 G20 (auto, stock) is OBDII or OBDIII.  Is this
>correct?  Is there some way to confirm this (e.g., by VIN #, sticker,
>etc.)?  Thanks for your help.

I'm 99% certain the 95 is OBD-II.

You're correct that the test is different for OBD-II cars.  They just hook
up a scanner to the OBD-II diagnostic port and check for stored codes.  No
probe up the tail(pipe).

If you haven't already, you should join us on the G20.net forum and the
Texas SE-R Mailing List.  If you can't figure out how to get connected to
either, let me know.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>