B13 parts prices soaring

Cameron Cavers Cameron Cavers <cameron@ualberta.net>
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 15:59:57 -0500

Edwen, NX 2000 wrote:
> >IIRC, Cameron said every 2 years and when your car hits 10 years old then
> >it becomes an anually thing.

And George Roffe responded:
> OK.  I'm 90% certain the first inspection does not occur for 3 years
though.

Actually, George, you're right about the first three years thing. If you
bought a 2002 Skyline or whatever, your first "sha-ken" inspection would be
in 2005, then 2007, 2009, etc.

And, actually, they've recently gotten rid of the rule that required
inspection every year after ten years, as Japanese cars now have such good
quality that there are a fair amount of older vehicles that can still easily
pass inspection.

Now it's just every two years for the life of the car... and generally, if
an older car doesn't pass, people just throw it away (you can't usually even
sell cars older than 10 years, unless it's something really popular like an
old Skyline or AE86)

By the way, George, I've met Edwen (and the rest of the Vancouver SE-R crew)
a couple times, and he's a good guy... I'm sure he didn't mean to offend...

Cameron Cavers
Vancouver, BC