Batting about .500

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:16:31 -0500

So far, it looks as if I'm able to correctly do about half the stuff I start
to do on my car. Replaced all motor mounts(2 OEM, 2 torque inserts), but
needed help with the fire wall mount.

Had a couple of new things I tried to fix: 1) door ajar light kept
flickering on and off, same with the interior light. Used the search button
and found the answer... loosened then tightened door jams. Worked like a
charm! 2) Put motul ESTER in my tranny last weekend. It helped some, but the
gears still seemed a bit stiff/reluctant. Did another search and decided to
try and adjust the clutch cable... used Mike K's advice plus the info on the
faq page. Well, removed everything to reach the cable, tried to make the
adjustment, but it really didn't feel as though the cable was getting any
tighter. Put everything back together and test drove the car. Didn't really
feel any difference.

So, once again, I'm batting .500. If this were baseball, I'd feel great....
thank God I'm not a surgeon! Any suggestions? New clutch cable? Am I just
not doing the adjustment correctly?

I may try this again tomorrow night. With all the distractions around the
house, maybe I forgot to do something. Oh yeah, also managed to break some
copper wiring(stuff was very brittle) when moving the fuse box. Joy, can't
wait to see what that's going to do.

Later,
Mark