QR25DE Oil Consumption

Mark Holden mnse-r@vectorworld.com
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:32:59 -0500

Don't be silly.  I could claim that Mitsubishi bio-engineered piston
ring-eating insects and introduced them into the factory where
the QR25 is assembled in an attempt to put Nissan out of business,
and someone would belive it...  And one it got around, it would
always pop back up, just when you thought everyone had been
convinced that it was a lie.

And it is a lie.

It's actually Subaru that developed them, intending to seed them
into Peugeot's factories to subvert their dominance in WRC.  But
they got set to Renault by accident, and they figured they must
have been ordered by Nissan...

> From: se-r-admin@lists.deskmedia.com
> [mailto:se-r-admin@lists.deskmedia.com]On Behalf Of Brian Cembor
> Roger, roger..
> Let's hope this puts to bed those pesky internet rumors...

> Brian
> Loves his oil miser sr20de power plant...

-Mark Holden
SR20DE, no oil consumption, currently no gasolie consumption.
EJ20, no oil consumption, but ~5qt every month and a half is getting
spendy.  Gotta stop putting miles on this thing so fast :)  And the
price of 93 octane to satisfy the thirsty turbo.  Aiiiee!