Window Weld motor mounts and vibrations

Steve Foltz stevefoltz@hotmail.com
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:01:21 -0500

>is it possible that the
>new mounts are making weaknesses in these more prominent?

IMHO yes.  On a car with that much mileage, I would seriously consider the
mounts being done as a unit or at least in matched pairs of front to back,
and side to side.  I have also heard it said that doing the front and back
does put more stress on the side mounts if they are not also done.  Also,
did you adjust the mount so that it is not under stress while at rest.  In
my car I had to let things settle a bit and then re-adjust the front mount.
YMMV, IMHO etc.

Steve