Hotshot turbo kit, non se-r, just kibble

Bruce_Hearn@cd-tech.com Bruce_Hearn@cd-tech.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:32:01 -0500

>I have no idea why the hell you found so much information...
>Maybe it's Old Timer Juju?

Nope.  Database experience plus time spent searching the SE-R archives.  I even
posted a brief tutorial for using the archive search engine after a couple of
days of experimentation...

>>The only "method" of which I'm aware is selecting the proper gear.

>There's supposed to be more to it than that, such as watching the
>coolant temps, watching data from other sensors that may make the dyno
>data unusable.

That discussion was about dyno operators who didn't input standardizations
factors before starting a run, such as ambient temperature, humidity and density
altitude.  Without correcting to a standard day, there's no direct comparison
possible between dyno runs other than those that occured consecutively on any
given day.  The only parameters car owners can manipulate is engine coolant
temperature and timing.  Mike K. can monitor all the sensors because he owns a
Consult (lucky bastard).

> >but unless you've actually looked and found what you're after
> >by doing the same, don't give a new guy crap assuming that he didn't.

> Why should I do his/her work?

>Didn't say that.

I felt your statement implied it.

>But if you hadn't searched for it yourself, you don't have much
>liberty to say "Check the archives," because you haven't done it.

Having read and participated on this list for the past four years, there's not a
lot I didn't see first time round.  I can say "check the archives" with
confidence.  I didn't look there before quoting the $3,000 approximate cost for
the Hotshot kit because I remembered it from the discussion nearly three years
ago.  I remembered the dyno discussion.  I remember a lot of crap, much I wish I
didn't.  For details like part numbers, I will search, and have searched the
archives.  A Free Jack-In-The-Box Astro's antenna ball to the first guy, except
Darth Roffe, who can copy-and-paste the Nissan part numbers and message URL for
AD22VF brakes.  Been there, done that.

You're on the losing end of this argument, let's stop before we drive even more
old-timers off the list.

Bruce in Houston