NX body work questions

Darin Dux ddux@vermeermfg.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:35:52 -0500

Wayne Cox wrote:
> * What material is the side skirt on the rocker
> panels?  Polyurethane?  Polyethelyne? Polywannaturbo?  Got a big gouge I
> need to try to fix.

The material should be stamped on the back side of the part, along with
the mold tooling details from the factory.  The material information
_might_ be in the FSM, but I believe it's probably only given in the
Factory Body Repair Manual (an obscure item.)

Good autobody supply shops sell flexible filler now that is compatible
(bonds well) to several types of plastic material.  You can also fill
the gouge with plastic & a plastic welder (visit a good body shop in
your area.)

> * Any tips on removing the trim strip right below the rear side
> glass?  Black is all peeled off; need to replace or refinish.

I believe it just pops off with a little prying.

-Darin Dux, Engineer by profession; body man by hobby.  (2002 Altima 3.5
SE 5-speed - current project)