SCC=Idiots?

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 17:19:56 -0500

mike kojima wrote:

>Personaly, I think SCC has better tech writing than GRM any day, most of
>it is found in the back, the stuff no one reads, especialy the long boring
>stuff writtien by some guy named killjime or something like that.

Yeah, the killjimmie guy and the colman lantern guy just write stuff that
full of complicated shit to just take up space.  I mean that shit can't
even be read by someone with a sixth grade education!

>Seriously, SCC's tech is better than almost any car magazine out there if
>you bother to read it.  Most of it is beyond the attention span of those
>raised in the sound byte generation.

No doubt.

I read some crap on the Porsche list from time to time about SCC.  It's
obvious the bozos don't even read it.  What's funny is listening to some of
the Porsche list "gurus" go on about it sometimes.  These "gurus" are
pretty pathetic.  One guy who owns a prominent shop in SoCal is even
selling rollcages that wouldn't pass tech if *I* were the tech
inspector.  The main hoop bends outward like this:  < >  What happens in a
crash?: pancake.

Folks here don't know how good they have it with some of the *really*
knowledgeable folks here and the good folks at SCC who are die hard SE-R
and SR20 fans.  The tech stuff at SCC is about the best you'll find.  I
don't even read GRM.  IMHO it's not hard core enough to really be about
motorsports and it's not soft core enough to be about road cars.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>