SCC=Idiots?

EEYORE5182@aol.com EEYORE5182@aol.com
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 12:52:07 -0500

I actually read the article, and it was pretty good.  I do wish they had said
something about the real reason why they did it, but now that I understand it
does make more sense.  one of the main things i was thinking of was safety
after they took most of the body off.

you can tell that SCC has changed its tune on SOME of the ways the magazine
has been handled in the past.  but believe me, there had to have been some
marketing thoughts behind what little *transformation* there was.  i
personally see it at as SCC (or primemedia) trying to reach/effect more of
its product base.  thats why it has got a little more like the other import
style rags that are out there, but again, its just a little.  they are trying
to get into the door of both styles; there not going to be an all out
technical mag like grassroots motorsports (i just got a subscription :-) )
and they arnt going to go to the extreme of something like minitruckin' where
its al about flash, and girls, and stereos and "all show, no go" type things.
 so, when you think about it, its marketing genius.  and keep in mind, the
more money that SCC makes by selling more magazines, means more projects and
more money dedicated to the mag for their topics, which is what we all love.

Alex
'93 NX2k