Cruise control problem

Louis Whitehead louiswhitehead@hotmail.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 19:57:44 -0500

Good evening.

I drive a stock 1993 NX2000 with about 63K miles on it. While driving to
school yesterday, I set the cruise control for 75 mph. Then, about ten miles
out of town, the cruise control disengaged on its own. The cruise control
power light on the left panel of the dash stayed on, but the "Cruise" light
in the gauged cluster went off.

After I got back up to speed, I engaged cruise control again, and it worked
for about a mile, and then disengaged itself again. From that point on, the
cruise control hasn't worked.

Thus far, I've checked the fuses in the kick panel in the dashboard, but
still have to do some more checking. Has anyone else experienced what I've
described? Does anyone have any idea, save for blown fuses, what the problem
may be?

Thanks.

Louis
1993 NX2000