considering my options

Mike Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:38:17 -0500

Whole install in a 200SX SE will cost U 2K bux to get this to run right.
Talking 600 bux for a Engine from SOKO (shipped) SR20 tranny which is not
that eassy to come by in good shape and they really expensive- 500 bux, now
figure in 200 bux for new SR axles, wiring harness- depends on where U get
it from but I would say 150 bux is minimum I would sell one for, ECU would
be another 100 bux. Now U need to buy motor mounts cause I don't belive the
GA ones will work so I would say its going to put U at 2K bux or even more.
Now lets say U can sell your mint condition SE for 4K bux and have that 2K
bux for the engine laying around. I would buy a G20 off Ebay for less than
1500 bux, put in 3K bux worth of mods in it- SR20DET, front mount IC, JWT
ECU and custom 3" exhaust with no cats or mufflers. Or U can find a Classic
for less than 2K bux that usually is in good shape. SR20 drops right into a
GA16 car no engine mount relocating. One thing to consider is if U ever
wanna sell your SE w/SR20 in it U will never be able to get more for it than
U would if it was GA powered. If U can afford it I would consider buying the
last of the SR20s...a 02 G20 Sport, it looks much nicer than a new SE-R,
might not be as fast stock but aftermarket is there to bring up the power
way up, 500HP+ if ya like. Ive seen dealers trying to sell the G20 Sports
for 19K bux around my area....steal compared to a Spec V at 18K bux. U get
world class interior materials, leather, power seats, bad ass stereo,
sunroof, 16" wheels with sport handling package, climate control, and best
of all good ole SR20DE under the hood.
Mike Jez
Almost got a P11 used 3 years ago...pearl white 5spd.
93 SE-R
01 Max