traffic ticket in a parking lot, VA readers be careful!

velasquj@rohan.sdsu.edu velasquj@rohan.sdsu.edu
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 20:46:18 -0500

Mike,
I'm almost sure (90%) that you can't get a DUI for that one.  I was reading one
of these cop books (talks about some weird stuff he had been through) and one
of the things he came across was a guy who had parked his car in his own front
bushes.  Guy was obviously drunk, and the cop knew he was on private property
(think about it, if I want to take a car into my backyard and rip it up drunk
(or let my 12 year old cousin drive on private property) not much they can do.
So cop walks up to the drunk guy in his car (who was passed out) taps on the
window and tells him he is parked in his front yard.  Guy proceeds to pull the
car onto the street and back into his driveway, and the cop gives him a DUI.

Juan