PITA

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 20:05:26 -0500

Got everything mostly back together. Finally got the rear mount up "there",
still haven't been able to align it even with a phillips screw driver. Got
the ES shifter bushings in... funny thing was, the old bushings looked fine.
No crumbly rubber and still elastic. Oh well, once that puppy was pulled
out, there was no getting it back in. So, in went the ES bushings.

Decided to give myself more work space under the car, raised it another 4
inches. This worked wonders... mount went right in. It's amazing what you
can do when you have enough room and leverage! Still couldn't get the
bolt(phillips screwdriver) lined up though. Tried some different leverage
points but nothing seemed to work better than another. It looks as though
the screw driver is angled a bit up, handle lower than tip. Will try some
different positions of the jack and see if I can't level it out. Attached
the bottom dogbone(hand tightened) bolt to keep the brace off me.

I do have one question: Are those plastic inserts for the 4 motor brace
bolts essential? It seems as though I've crimped 2 of them just a bit and
they won't fit flush inside the bolt holes anymore.

Just wanted to let y'all know how it was going, and that I appreciate all
the advice and encouragement that I have received.

When you see a thread titled " Yippy Ky Yay MF", you'll know that I have
finally finished the PITA.

Later,
Mark