Need help with starter

Wayne Cox wmc20@dnaco.net
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:09:31 -0500

At 10:02 AM 6/10/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>My starter has gone out. ... Problem is, I can't FIND it.
>I saw some indication that I might have to remove the whole intake
>manifold, etc...  This is on a '97 200sx SE-R, btw.

It's on the rear of the engine, under the intake manifold.  You can get to
it from beneath the car with minor contortions.  There are two bolts that
go in from the transmissions side, through the bell-housing and block and
thread into the starter.  I've never done one an a low-port engine.  But on
mine you have to remove some of the intake stuff to get to those.  Be sure
to disconnect the battery first!  That cable is hot, straight from the battery!

      -Wayne Cox