control arm help; undercoating removal

Jason Schymanski fmdyftm@yahoo.com
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:25:11 -0500

I'm in the midst of trying to replace the twisted up
control arm / lateral
link on the back of my '93 NX.  Like some of ya' said,
the
shit is rusted
together back there beyond belief!

Any suggestions on getting this thing apart?  I got
the two
arms unbolted
at the inboard end.  But the long bolt through them
and the
wheel hub /
knuckle thingy is not goin nowhere.

When I did this on an 91 SE-R that spent all 265,000
miles in Ohio, the bushings sleeves had become part of
the bolt.  I had to twist and push at the same time to
get those bolts out, and I put anti-sieze on the
inside of the new ES bushing sleeves when I put it
back together.  I never did get the drivers side
toe-adjusting bolt out...
I also had the frame bolts out, so the other ends of
the control arms were free.  I was pivoting those a
lot too.  I think a BFH was involved somewhere while
turning the other end of the bolt.

Jason Schymanski
1999 Sentra SE
1991 Sentra SE-R