PITA

Christopher Seabert wickedsr20de@hotmail.com
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 04:21:22 -0500

Man I was doing my mounts also this weekend. I guess eveyone was.  Yeah I
must agree the firewall mount is a bitch. what I did was drop the cross
member and put the inserts in the mount. I put the jack under the
crossmember and had my brother hold and the front end of the cross member so
it does not move side to side. Then I had my brother slowly jack the
crossmember up into the mount as I guided it in and used screwdriver to
align the hole. But when I went to put the crossmember back the crossmember
holes did not align.  I had one jack under the oil pan so I put my other
jack with wood on top under my trans. I placed it under the flat part right
under the drain plug but more towards the rear of the engine.  Then I
proceeded to jack it up very slowly and the engine moved kind of towards the
fire wall but in a up wards angle. I did it until the whole lined up and the
dog bone mount lined up and put the bolts in.  I hope this gives you and
idea of aligning the holes.  Good luck.!

By the way did anyone else come across really mashed up motor mount bolts
when they first took it off?  The front one(pass side) was messed up on
mine.  The bolts that connect the mounts to that black bracket is what I am
talking about. So now I have to go to my dealership and get new ones. I just
hope I do not have to tap the hole:(

That back one I