carfax

Darin Dux ddux@vermeermfg.com
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:45:55 -0500

Carfax will not record a wreck if the title does not transfer
ownership.  And, if an owner does not report "car has sustained $5000 or
more damage while under ownership" when he transfers the title, there is
no mechanism by which the "system" can track damage to a vehicle.

I have issues with Carfax in general due to several occasions where
their information was incorrect but cannot be changed.  And, they have
such a media campaign scaring people about buying used cars in general
that they've created more problems than what they claim to protect
people from.  I do use Carfax myself, but I take their information with
a grain of salt.  I've tried to contest incorrect information as well to
no avail.

-Darin