carfax

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:08:55 -0500

When a car is wrecked, is the VIN# automatically reported as the vehicle
being wrecked? I am asking because I recently bought a used '92 SE-R and am
noticing small things that don't seem right. like the spacing between the
lights and grill is different on each side. There is a larger gap between
the passenger rear side window and the molding than the drivers side. And
the front fender, passenger side is not as flush with the hood as the
drivers side fender and hood. I did a Carfax report and there was nothing
about being wrecked, just title transfers and emissions checks. Oh and when
I got my tags/title it said the odometer was EXEMPT, what does that mean?

Can someone answer this?

thanks,

Brian
'92 SE-R hoping no lemons...