Ingalls Engineering adjustable parallel link

? ?" <grailer@yifan.net
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:12:02 -0500

I wrote:

  > I would be concerned that the rear would have a tendency to
  > toe-in slightly under load (the rear OEM bushing would give
  > compared to the front poly bushing)...

Umm, in re-reading this, I realized I didn't reason this through correctly.
Sorry.

If the front bushing remains (relatively) fixed and the rear bushing deflects,
that will result in toe OUT, not toe IN. This would make the car (in my
experience) not rotate as easily - a little safer, but not necessarily
desireable. One could compensate for this tendency by putting in some extra
toe-in at the expense of tire life.

Sorry for the mistake.

Carson M. Hanrahan                        '91 Classic w/the usual stuff
"It is better to go into a corner slow and come out fast than to go
into a corner fast and come out dead" - Stirling Moss