FSM

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 20:29:27 -0500

Well, I couldn't wait. I ordered a factory service manual for my '91 SE-R.
It cost me $70, but I figured it would be worth it.

It's got lots of neat stuff in it. If I ever have to change out my clutch,
remove the engine, brakes, transmission and etc..., it will be worth it.
But, it doesn't have the one piece of information I wanted. I wanted a more
detailed description with pictures and whatnot about how to replace the
motor mounts and/or use the inserts. Sure, they show 3 out of the 4 mounts
but nothing about how to do the replacement. I went through this thing with
a fine tooth comb. Seriously disappointed about this.

I've read Rick's Nissan page a number of times. For me(new to this), it's
just not detailed enough. The last thing I want to do is futz my car up. I
really thought the FSM would have a more explicit desription. Ahhhhh
Fudge... now I'm going to have to call around and see if any decent motor
shops will put my parts in, without charging me an arm a leg. Pisses me off
big time. If I weren't so worried about messing the car up, I'd still go for
it myself. I'm not sure what my limitations are or what they'll be in the
future(I doubt if I'll ever attempt a transmission rebuild), but  when in
doubt... call in an expert. Crap, this really makes me feel like a weenie.

Oh well, I guess the FSM stands for "Foolishly Spent Money"... at least for
this project.

Thanks for letting me vent,
Mark