Diagnostic module?

Chad E. Savoure savsport@hotmail.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 21:47:32 -0500

The "Air bag" warning light has been flashing for a few weeks on my '96 G20
and I finally took it to my local Infiniti dealer to have them diagnose the
problem.  Their techs stated I need a new diagnostics module for my car.
Well, the part's like $700-something retail, but the Infiniti parts guy I
know said he could get it to me for $585 wholesale.  When they state a
diagnostics module, are they referring to the ECM or ECCS control module
under the dash?  Does anyone know of any way around this problem, or am I
basically stuck with forking over the big $$?  Man, that takes huge money
away from my brakes & new wheel package.  I hate it when stuff wears out
that you don't want to spend money on!

Chad