Potenza SO3s ?

Wayne Cox wmc20@dnaco.net
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 14:38:52 -0500

At 01:45 PM 6/4/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Anyone have any experience with these tires ? Tire Rack seems to rate them
>as best tires at any price ... Potenza Pole Position SO-3s... looking for
>235-40-18 size.

Just bought a set in April with some snazzy Kosei K-1s.  Mine are just
wussy little 195-50-15s though.  Most impressive is wet traction - just
ignore the rain and drive like you would in the dry ;)  On an everyday
commute exit ramp that I can nail about 50mph in the dry, I managed to push
45mph in rain!!!  And I wussed out before they did!

Dry performance is very impressive, though I was expecting a little more
grip and response.  But the suspension on my 91 NX is stock and very worn
so it may be to blame there.  Haven't had any other hi-po tires in recent
years for a fresh comparison, but in the past I've had Yoko AVS-Ints,
SP8000, RE71S (R compound) and BFG R1s.  The S-03 is easily better than
those for street use.  Only downside is it's sorta noisy on the highway.

   -Wayne Cox