Weird Alignment problem after tow & service..

Steve juketech@swbell.net
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 08:04:27 -0500

Hi Wayne. I had the same thing happen on a older 200SX  (RWD) When they
tightend down the straps on the rear, it pulled the control arm out a bit
thru the adjustment of the toe bolts. After having a 4 wheel alignment done,
It was ok..I think that might be what is wrong with your NX2K, whatever
slack there is in the lower control arm adjustment might have been pulled
out, It would make the car drive very scary like my old 200 did.

Good Luck
Steve
only owns 2 SR cars..

 Hey Guys,

Got a really bad & strange alignment problem I'm seeking advice on.  One of
 our NXen broke down and had to be towed (flat bed wrecker) and hoisted for
 an alternator replacement.

 After all this, it tracks straight but the steering wheel is cranked about
 40 deg clockwise.  When it hits a bump, the back end gets SCARY.  It gets a
 sort of bump-steer sideways squirrelly highly-unstable feel back there over
 any bumps or unevenness.  Is this just an alignment issue, or did something
 get Seriously Bent?!  The tow truck guy strapped it down on the two front
 "eyes" under the front.  But in back, he had a big hook thing that I think
 got put around the driver's side lateral control arm.  Could that have
 gotten bent?

 Or maybe something is just bound up from having the wheels off the ground
 and didn't settle back in?   Didn't several of y'all have trouble with
 suspension pivots rusting up on the rears?

 Thanks!  (please CC: me any responses! -- need to get fixed today)

-Wayne Cox  & Lisa & Lots O' SR20 cars