Brought my 91 SE-R back from the dead

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 23:10:31 -0500

Ari wrote:

>Like a good monkey I didn't put enough pipe thread sealer on the oil psi
>gauge and it leaked in the center console and from the T at the engine. I
>was thinking of just using hose barbs and run a vaccum hose instead of
>that nylon tubing. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Be sure you don't over-tighten the compression fittings.  The first time I
installed mechanical gauges (over 20 years ago), I did that and had a
constant drip.  Major PITA.  It wasn't until I started racing karts that I
found out about not over-tightening them (kart brakes use the same type of
tubing and compression fittings).

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>