Engine replacement in my SE-R

Mike Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 21:17:27 -0500

Lemme say I remove the engine with tranny and axles still attached all in
one piece out of the car...I find this much eassier that to remove the
tranny and engine. For attaching a engine hoise to the car I get some 14 or
12mm bolts and screw em to the front of the head- on top of the exhaust
manifold and then wrap the chain around the intake runners OR remove the
ingitor and coil from the head and screw in some bolts there to hold the
chain up. This is how I do my swaps...it helps to have a car lift. I do mine
from the bottom. It takes whole 30 min to have the engine out of the ground
with a lift. I lift the car up leaving the powertrain on some blocks on the
floor. The put the new engine in ...reverse order. I also like to leave the
wiring harness on the engine and not disconnect anything on the engine- just
disconnect the harness from the plus under the battery..... not going to get
much in depth on how to swap motors. But 2 hours is about right for a swap
these days. 4 hours to bleed coolant, adjust tps, ground the O2 sensor and
MAF. Im talking 2 hours just to remove the old engine and put the new one
in- no starting up yet. Rod bearings take about 2 hours to repleace IIRC.
Drill the block for a oil return takes about 2 hours also.
--LISTIDIOT--
93 SE-R JDM motorssss
01 MAX