Sears (was Motor Mounts)

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 31 May 2002 13:25:50 -0500

Brandon Fujishige <serturbo@hotmail.com> wrote:

>That's not a fair comparison.  It wasn't the top dogs at Sears that caused
>the problems.  It was individuals at those few auto centers that were at
>fault.

That's not true.

First of all the battery fiasco was clearly a top level decision.  I don't
care what spin is being put on this, it was a management decision and not
likely by a single individual.

Secondly, the bogus service issue was extremely wide spread.  That is also a
management failure.

I'm not slamming the people who work in Sears Auto Centers, but Sears
management has (to be diplomatic) left something to be desired.

George Roffe