MAF nightmare, RD 2. (short)

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 10:37:44 -0500

On 5/31/02 7:14 AM, "Peter Serwe" <peter@easytree.net> wrote:

> I do remember seeing a couple small arc's going from the solder to the MAF
> ground wire - car still won't idle.

Okm you did mentioned that you used a Weller to solder this, most of these
are grounded, was yours?

What I'm suspecting (based on the voltage readings you mentioned in a later
mail) is that you've got a partial short between some of the pins.  Remove
the connector and check for resistance between the wires, if you get a low
reading on any pair, that's the problem.

As with most botched jobs (cars, computers, etc), retrace your steps, see if
you can put things back to how you found them and see if the problem is
cured.  Then work forward to see what went wrong.  As this was a
straightforward job, a shorted connector is the only thing that comes to
mind.