Motor Mounts

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 31 May 2002 07:10:16 -0500

Mark, hlava wrote:

>Of course, from the time of my last post, I've discovered the option of
>pouring my own mounts. I'm guessing that those are not for the high torque
>areas.

People have had different levels of success with this.  It's cheap though,
so if you want to try it, knock yourself out.  I personally would still
just buy the two ES mounts.

>Anyway, I like your advice, George. Plus, you're a hoot(I'm an old guy,
>I'm allowed to say that).

Well, I'm an old guy, so I'm allowed to laugh. :-)

>That's right, I'm probably going to be asking lots of questions in the
>future and in years to come.

Ask away.  At least you ask specific questions.  The usual newbie questions
are something like:  "I need to make 300hp.  Tell me specifically what I
need and how to install it.  Oh, and I have $500 to spend."  Or: "I *have*
to beat my buddy's Civic Si.  He's talking all this smack and I have to
reprezent.  What can I do?"  Or lastly, "what can I do to mod my car?"  Yikes.

>Ebay, eh?

eBay.  Be patient and you should be able to find a good one for a good
price.  Then again, more and more folks are looking there now, but it still
beats the dealer price.

>And George, thanks again. You've been a big, big help.

My pleasure.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>