Motor Mounts

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 17:12:53 -0500

Ok, rude awakening time. Now, try not to gasp to loudly... you might hurt my
feelings. I'm going to be asking lots of questions on this subject, going
from the basic tools necessary to the nitty gritty swear word using extras.

First, I've been shopping hydraulic jack and jackstand prices, mostly at
Sears. I don't believe I'll ever need a 7 ton capacity jack/jack stands. Am
I correct to assume that 2 1/4 or 3 ton capacity jacks are plenty. Only
problem with the 2 1/4 ton jack is the press area is much smaller than the 3
ton jack press area. I want the one with the bigger area... right? Also, is
$120 for the 3 ton with 2 jack stands a reasonable price? I've never used an
hydraulic jack or jack stands before, hence the ignorance.

Also found out from one of the customer service people in the Sears Auto
Shop that there is a local NAPA store that sells the jwt and energy
suspension mounts.... so looks like I won't have to order them. I'll have to
see if they sell the Motul for the transmission fluid change. If they don't,
I just might go ahead and use Redline... if they have that.

Any thoughts or suggestions about the above is more than welcome. Just no
jokes about full body cavity searches.

Thanks,
Mark