Dawes Device

Derrick Stikeleather dstikeleather@bellsouth.net
Thu, 30 May 2002 16:00:01 -0500

Do I screech like a monkey when I type??

My info earlier on the Dawes Device/4.00 boost controller was inaccurate.
It just hit me, so I wanted to correct it before someone got the wrong idea.

A Dawes device will bleed off air from the wastegate actuator to trick it
into seeing a lower PSI, which I think is what I said earlier about the
$4.00 homemade boost controller.

The little Four Dollar Manual Boost Controller will block the pressure from
the intake to the wastegate actuator until the pressure overcomes the
spring, and lets all the pressure by into the actuator.  Basically, if your
wastegate lets go at say, 7 psi, you could set the force of the spring in
the FDMBC to not be overcome until about 10 psi or whatever.  As soon as you
get 10 psi, the spring opens and the pressure gets to the WA, which would
have opened at 7, had it "seen" 7.  Now it sees 10 and pops the wastegate
open (because that's way more the 7, -duh).

It's just a cheap manual boost controller that should work well.  But not a
Dawes Device, like I said earlier.  I'm an idiot.  "Pay no attention to the
man behind the curtain"

Derrick Stikeleather