SR20DE.net

Derrick Stikeleather dstikeleather@bellsouth.net
Thu, 30 May 2002 05:38:20 -0500

  This is a cheap hardware store version of a Dawes Device.  They work
pretty well, actually, from what I understand.  It bleeds boost pressure off
going into the wastegate actuator to fool it into thinking you are not at
max boost yet.

You don't know what psi the thing quits bleeding off air without adjusting
it to some convienient point, and then go for a drive with you eye on the
boost gauge.  When it quits boosting, the wastegate actuator has done it's
thing.  You just do a trial and error process on it until you get it where
you want it.  I know lot's of people that swear by them, but I have no
personal experience.  Maybe soon though, because I would like to try it.

I think SCC used a store bought device like this on thier project WRX in the
May? issue.  I didn't read the article, I just saw a picture of one.  Maybe
they were just saying how bad it sucked.  Hehe.

Derrick Stikeleather - Asheville, NC
87 Conquest TSi, Rare Gunmetal Blue, Poly-bushings, KYB's.  Most broken
stuff being R&R'd to new.
Having fun watching the young ones break a neck to see what the heck that
thing was with the flared fenders.