Oil Temperature

Omer Farooq Khan ohmfab@comcast.net
Wed, 29 May 2002 21:35:04 -0500

Hello all,

This question is for all of you who have oil temperature guages in your cars.
I finally got around to hooking up my autometer guage and was wondering what
some typical oil operating temps were.  I know this can vary greatly with rpm,
load, etc but I just wanted to get an idea.  Also how long does it take to get
to operating temperature.

My reading barely got above 110*F after 15 minutes of driving so I think I
should probably rethink how I have the sending unit mounted.  I used a 4ft
stainless braided line from the back of the engine into a set of brass adapters
in which have my electrical oil pressure and oil temp senders mounted.

I think welding an adapter into the oil pan would be the best bet, but it will
be a while before I can get to that.

Thanks in advance everyone,

Omer F. Khan
'92 SE-R @ http://earth.vol.com/~ohm